2017 GBA Fall Conference
October 19 @ 1:00 pm - October 21 @ 9:00 pm
ATTEND A CONFERENCE
GBA FALL CONFERENCE 2017
Join 150+ geoprofessionals executive level industry leaders October 19-21, 2017 in Phoenix, AZ at GBA’s Fall Conference for two amazing days of education, experience sharing, networking and fun!
October 19-21, 2017, Phoenix, AZ. Interested in presenting at this conference? Submit an abstract. (Coming Spring 2017) Sponsorships available,…
There are a limited number of GBA Conference Sponsorships available.
- Excellent session topics and speakers: Details Coming Soon!
- Networking at two receptions: one Thursday night and one Friday night!
- Terra Insurance Company Shareholder Meeting and Luncheon.
- Full registration includes: Thursday evening reception with food and drinks, Friday breakfast, lunch, and reception with food and drinks, Saturday breakfast and lunch.
- Spouse/Guest Activity: Friday, October 20th – Details Coming Soon!
- Local Color Night: Saturday, October 21st– Details Coming Soon!
- Plus memorable social events, tours, and the ever-popular GBA Wine Tasting.
Details Coming Soon!
Thursday, October 19, 2017
- 1:00PM to 2:00PM Group Meetings with Committee/Council Chairs
- 2:00PM to 5:00PM Committee/Council Meetings
- 5:00PM to 9:00PM Networking
Friday, October 20, 2017
- 7:00AM to 5:00PM Conference Programming
- 12:30PM to 1:45PM Terra Insurance Company Shareholders Meeting/Luncheon
- 7:00PM to 9:00PM Networking
Saturday, October 21, 2017
- 7:00AM to 1:30PM Conference Programming
- 2:00PM to 3:30PM Board of Directors Meeting with Committee/Council Chairs
- 5:00PM to 9:00PM Local Color Night
GBA will award professional development hours (PDHs)
JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort
5350 East Marriott Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85054-6147
The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa is woven into the Sonoran Desert where Phoenix meets Scottsdale. This modern upscale resort offers everything you’ll require for a remarkable experience. Showcasing an array of first-class resources, intuitive service and a picture-perfect location in the heart of Phoenix, the resort provides an effortless blend of style, comfort and luxury. The tastefully appointed hotel rooms and suites have top-quality amenitiesas well as awe-inspiring views of immaculate desert vistas and striking mountains. Amenities for you to enjoy include 36-holes ofchampionship golf at the signature Wildfire Golf Club, a rejuvenating spa, a fitness center, a wide range of stellar restaurant options and multiple outdoor pools, complete with a lazy river and waterslides. Discover a lifetime’s worth of luxury at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa.
Visit https://aws.passkey.com/go/Geoprofessional or call 1-800-835-6206 to reserve your guest room at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort. Mention the Geoprofessional Business Association’s 2017 Fall Conference to receive the group rate of $269.00 single/double plus 12.57% tax per night.
- How to Reserve: Call 1-800-835-6206, mention GBA’s 2017 Fall Conference to receive the group rate of $269.00 plus12.57% tax per night or visit https://awa.passkey.com/go/Geoprofessional
To secure your room reservation online.
- Secure room reservations early: Even though GBA’s Cut-off date is September 22nd…. Once GBA’s room block is filled the hotel and GBA cannot guarantee availability of rooms at the GBA group rate or any other room rate.
- Pre/Post Room Nights: At the discretion of the hotel and BASED ON AVAILABILITY at the time reservations are made, limited guest rooms may be available at the GBA group rate up to 2 days prior/post the official conference dates (October 19-21, 2017). Please secure your room reservation early for best availability.
- Hotel Reservation Changes and Cancellations: The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort room reservation cancellation policy is 3 days prior to your scheduled arrival date. Individuals who cancel their guest room reservation less than 3 days prior to their scheduled arrival date will be charged a cancellation fee of one night’s room and tax.
Please Note:In order to minimize any charges to you, your firm, or to GBA, if you need to cancel your room reservation, please do so in a timely manner so that the guest room nights can be sold to other guests. Contact Barb or Sara even if you have to cancel late so that we can try to assign the room to someone else.
- Check-in/Check-out Times: Check-in is 4:00PM and Check-out is 11:00AM
- Early Departure Fee/Policy: The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort has an Early Departure Fee/Policy; i.e., if you reserve to depart on the 21st, but leave a day early, you will be charged for the night you “missed” at the group room rate plus tax, unless you make arrangements with the hotel’s front desk representative in advance. Emergency and other special circumstance situations will be reviewed by the hotel on a case by case basis.
- Beware of unauthorized hotel booking and housing agencies (Poachers)
GBA is not affiliated or contracted with any outside hotel contracting company. If someone other than GBA or the GBA chosen hotel (JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort) contacts you suggesting that they represent any GBA event, they do not. It is GBA’s recommendation that you book your hotel directly with the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort. Don’t be scammed! If you have questions, please contact Barb Nappy at email@example.com
Details Coming Soon!
- 22 miles /30 minutes between airport and JW Marriott Desert Ridge via car, Uber, Lyft or a taxi depending on traffic and time of day.
- Estimate taxi fare is $65
- Transtyle Transportation 800-410-5479 or transtyle.com fee $65 (one way); reservation required
- JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort does not provide any shuttle service.
Hertz Car Rental at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort 480-538-5480
A refund (less a $125/per person administrative fee) will be given to those whose cancellations are received by 5:00 PM ET,Friday, September 22, 2017. For cancellations after that, but no later than 5:00 PM ET, Friday, October 6, 2017, the fee is $250/per person, for administration, food service and related guarantee charges GBA will have to absorb. We’re truly sorry, but absolutely no refunds can be given for cancellations received after 5:00 PM ET,Friday, October 6, 2017.
NOTE: Review hotel reservation and cancellation policy under the Reservation Deadline section.