- This event has passed.
2017 GBA Spring Conference and Annual Meeting
April 6 @ 1:00 pm - April 8 @ 9:00 pm
ATTEND A CONFERENCE
GBA SPRING CONFERENCE 2017
Join 150+ geoprofessional executive level industry leaders April 6-8, 2017 in Washington, DC at GBA’s Spring Conference for two amazing days of education, experience sharing, networking, and fun! The focus: Optimizing Performance for Our Firms and Our Clients: World Class Leadership.
There are a limited number of GBA conference sponsorships available.
- Excellent session topics and speakers: Agenda – Sessions Descriptions
- Networking at two receptions: one Thursday night and one Friday night!
- Terra Insurance Company Shareholder Meeting and Luncheon.
- Full registration includes: Thursday evening reception with food and drinks, Friday breakfast, lunch, and reception with food and drinks, Saturday breakfast and lunch.
- Spouse/Guest Activity: Friday, April 7th – Hillwodd Estate, Museum and Garden Tour with Lunch
- Local Color Night: Saturday, April 8th– SPY Museum
- Plus memorable social events, tours, and the ever-popular GBA Wine Tasting.
Thursday, April 6, 2017
- 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM Group Meetings with Committee/Council Chairs
- 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM Committee/Council Meetings
- 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM Networking
Friday, April 7, 2017
- 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Conference Programming
- 11:55 A.M to 1:10 PM Terra Insurance Company Shareholders Meeting/Luncheon
- 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Networking
Saturday, April 8, 2017
- 7:00 AM to 1:30 PM Conference Programming
- 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Board of Directors Meeting with Committee Chairs
- 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM Local Color Night
GBA will award professional development hours (PDHs)
Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
The Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel, offers both comfort and convenience. Spacious guest rooms with sleek modern décor and floor-to-ceiling windows feature WiFi, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, coffeemakers, and mini-refrigerators. Additional hotel amenities include: Cure Bar and Bistro, Cabinet Café serving breakfast and lunch, and Starbucks Reserve®. Guest also have access to the FIT Club and the indoor heated pool. With a location in the heart of downtown Washington DC and access to the Metro Center Station through the hotel’s lobby, many of the city’s top sights including the White House, Smithsonian Museums and monuments are just minutes away. Those wanting to explore more of Washington may want to visit nearby neighborhoods of Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, and The Shaw for an eclectic mix of experiences.
Reserve your guest room at the Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel by calling 888-421-1442. Mention the Geoprofessional Business Association’s 2017 Spring Conference to receive the group rate of $289.00 single/double plus 14.5% tax per night.
- How to Reserve: Call 888-421-1442 and mention GBA’s 2017 Spring Conference to receive the group rate of $289.00 plus14.5% tax per night or visit https://resweb.passkey.com/go/GBA2017to secure your room reservation online.
- Secure room reservations early: Even though GBA’s Cut-off date is March 8th …. Once GBA’s room block is filled the hotel and GBA cannot guarantee availability of rooms at the GBA group rate or any other room rate.
- Early Departure Fee Policy: The hotel may charge and early departure fee should an individual checkout prior to their original confirmed check-out date. The fee could be the room rate plus tax. Please contact the Front Desk Representative ASAP if you need to check-out early.
- Pre/Post Room Nights: At the discretion of the hotel and BASED ON AVAILABILITY at the time reservations are made, limited guest rooms may be available at the GBA group rate up to 2 days prior/post the official conference dates (April 6-8, 2017). Please secure your room reservation early for best availability.
- Hotel Reservation Changes and Cancellations: The Grand Hyatt Washington room reservation cancellation policy is 72-hours prior to arrival date. Any cancellations made less than 72-hours out will be charged a cancellation fee of one night’s room and tax.
Please Note:In order to minimize any charges to you, your firm, or to GBA, if you need to cancel your room reservation, please do so in a timely manner so that the guest room nights can be sold to other guests. Contact Barb or Sara even if you have to cancel late so that we can try to assign the room to someone else.
- Early Departure Fee/Policy: The Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel has an Early Departure Fee/Policy; i.e., if you reserve to depart on the 8th, but leave a day early, you will be charged for the night you “missed” at the group room rate plus tax, unless you make arrangements with the hotel’s front desk representative in advance. Emergency and other special circumstance situations will be reviewed by the hotel on a case by case basis.
- Beware of unauthorized hotel booking and housing agencies (Poachers)
GBA is not affiliated or contracted with any outside hotel contracting company. If someone other than GBA or the GBA chosen hotel (Grand Hyatt Washington) contacts you suggesting that they represent any GBA event, they do not. It is GBA’s recommendation that you book your hotel directly with the Grand Hyatt Washington. Don’t be scammed! If you have questions, please contact Barb Nappy at email@example.com
4:30PM – 8:00PM
Local Color Night:
International Spy Museum ($40.00 per person)
The International Spy Museum is world-renowned for its entertaining and informative introduction of visitors to the world of spies. Their motto is “Assume Nothing” and we will learn why during our visit.
Official Tourism Site of Washington, DC
Visit the U.S. Capitol
Cherry Blossom Festival: March 20th – April 16th
Cherry Blossom Parade: April 8th 10:00AM-12:00PM
The District – Tourist’s Guide to Washington, DC
Washington, DC City Street Map
National Mall and Memorial Parks
How to Get Around Washington, DC
Metro Transit Guidehttp://dctransitguide.com/m/Metro/
Metro Center Station is located underneath the hotel. Metrorail service is available between Union Station (train) and the hotel as well between Ronald Reagan National Airport and the hotel. Check the guide for Metro Map, fares and service schedule information.
Union Station(train station) – 1.6 miles/8 minutes – via Uber/taxi depending on traffic/time of day.http://www.unionstationdc.com/
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport – 5 miles/15 minutes – via Uber/taxi depending on traffic/time of day.http://www.flyreagan.com/dca/reagan-national-airport
Dulles International Airport – 27 miles/40 minutes – via Uber/taxi depending on traffic/time of day.http://www.flydulles.com/iad/flight-information
Baltimore Washington International Airport – 40 miles/50 minutes http://www.bwiairport.com/en
A refund (less a $125/per person administrative fee) will be given to those whose cancellations are received by 5:00PM ET, Friday, March 10, 2017. For cancellations after that, but no later than 5:00PM ET, Friday, March 24, 2017, the fee is $250/per person, for administration, food service and related guarantee charges GBA will have to absorb. We’re truly sorry, but absolutely no refunds can be given for cancellations received after 5:00PM ET, Friday, March 24, 2017.
NOTE: Review hotel reservation and cancellation policy under the Reservation Deadline section.