April 16-18, 2015
Join us in Miami for two amazing days of education, experience-sharing, networking, and fun! The focus: Optimizing Performance for Our Firms and Our Clients: Innovation in Practice. This is a huge opportunity!
- Kord J. Wissmann, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE: The Dark Side of Innovation
- Jason Young: Lead Smart: High Performance Leadership of the Generational Workforce
- Matthew "Matt" Moler, P.E.: Business Vision: April 2015-October 2015
- Tabitha Crawford, CEM, CDSM: Innovation for Any Company: How to Engage Employees in Solutions for the Future
- James R. Threalkill: Diversity Is the New Inclusion
- Anthony F. "Tony" Adamo, P.E.; James M. Harless, Ph.D., CHMM; and Randal G. "Randy" Martin, P.E. : Get Out of Your Box: Success with Multiple-Service-Line Projects
- Neil Swidey: Trapped Under the Sea
- Amy Lynch: Free Every Generation to Innovate
- Allen Cadden, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE: An Innovative Collaboration with the Geo-Institute
- Leo J. Titus, Jr., P.E.: Nuclear Regulatory Compliance: Lessons Learned; Action Taken
- Victor R. "Vic" Donald, P.E.: Giving Back: An Investment in Our Profession
- Terra Insurance Company Shareholders Meeting
- Network at two ice-breaker receptions: one Thursday night and one Friday night!
- Full registration includes drinks and meals Thursday evening, all day Friday, and Saturday breakfast and lunch
- Plus exceptionally memorable social events, tours, and our ever-popular GBA Wine Tasting
GBA will award professional-development hours (PDHs).
Yahoo Group for Friends and Family
"Friends and Family of the Geoprofessional Business Association": The networking group for those who care about people involved in the Geoprofessional Business Association (GBA). Exchange news and information, plan informal gatherings during the conference, and more! To join, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffogba or send a message to email@example.com. Pass this information along to your friends and family and encourage them to join!
Don’t let this outstanding get-together pass you by!
Click here to reserve online or call 1-888-717-8850. Mention code GBAGBAA or the Geoprofessional Business Association to receive the group rate of $249 per night plus 13% tax.
Deadline to Reserve at Group Rate: Friday, March 20, 2015
- Hotel Cancellation Policy: Reservations cancelled within 24 hours prior to arrival date may be subject to a penalty of the first night’s room and tax charge.
- Early Departure Fee Policy: Hotel may charge an early departure fee should an individual check out prior to their confirmed checkout date. Please check with the Front Desk Attendant if you need to check-out early.
- Pre/Post Rooms: The hotel may extend the group rate up to 3 days prior and post the official conference dates (of April 16-18, 2015) based on availability at time the reservation is made. Rates offered are at the discretion of the hotel. Secure your extended reservations early for best rate and availability.
Miami International Airport (MIA) is 10 miles/15 minutes from the JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel. Visit http://www.miami-airport.com/ for more information about airlines that service Miami, car rental companies, and ground transportation. A taxi is approximately $28 each way; SuperShuttle (305-871-2000) is $16 each way. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is 26 miles/35 minutes from the JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel. Visit http://www.broward.org/ airport/ for more information about airlines, car rental companies and ground transportation. A taxi is approximately $80 each way; SuperShuttle (305-871- 2000) is $37 each way. Valet parking is $38 per day.
For more information about the JW Marriott Marquis, visit http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miamj-jw-marriott-marquis-miami/. View recreation fees and golf school information.
For more information about Miami, visit http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/
Download a list of Miami-Area restaurants and a map of restaurants near the hotel
Download the Save the Date Flyer
A refund (less a $125/person administrative fee) will be given to those whose cancellations are received by 5:00PM ET, March 20, 2015. For cancellations after that, but by no later than 5:00PM ET, March 30, 2015, the fee is $250/person, for administration and for the food service and related guarantee charges GBA will have to absorb. We’re truly sorry, but absolutely no refunds can be given for cancellations received after 5:00PM ET, March 30, 2015.
Please note: We will charge you whatever GBA has to pay if you fail to cancel your hotel reservation in a timely manner and we are unable to assign the room to someone else. Be sure to notify us even if you have to cancel late, so we can at least try to eliminate any additional charges. Also note: Most hotels have instituted an early check-out policy; i.e., if you reserve to depart on the 18th, but leave a day early, you will be charged for the night you “missed,” unless you make arrangements with the hotel in advance.