October 8-10, 2015
Join us in Dana Point, California for two amazing days of education, experience-sharing, networking, and fun! The focus: Confronting Risk for Our Firms and Our Clients: The ROI of Engagement. This is a huge opportunity!
- Greg Bustin: Accountability: The Key to Driving a High-Performance Culture
- Don Schmincke: Unearthing the Leader's Code: Ancient Secrets from Strategic Domination
- W. Jerrold "Jerry" Samford, P.G.: Determination of the Standard of Care for Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, 2007-2010
- Randall A. "Randy" Neuhaus, P.E.: Safety is Good Business! The ROI of Safety Engagement
- Great Minds Sharing Great Ideas: Business Round Tables
- Michael J. "Mike" Yost, Esq.: Is Your Firm Lucky or Good? The Importance of Engagement and Culture in Business Conduct and Ethics
- Kurt R. Fraese, L.G. and David R. Gaboury, P.E.: The Third Dimension of Value: Community Engagement
- June R. Jewell, CPA: How To Hold Employees Accountable To Increase Profitability
- Valentina H. "Val" Ries, RN, MBA: Emotional Intelligence 101: How Our Reactions Impact Engagement
- Gerald J. "Gerry" Salontai, P.E.: Characteristics of Highly Effective Boards of Directors
- Matthew R. "Matt" Poirier, P.E., Michael E. "Mike" Covert, P.G., Thomas J. "Tom" Fennick, P.E., L.S.P., and Daniel L. "Dan" Harpstead, P.E.: Disseminating GBA Materials and Information within Your Firm - Talk About ROI and Engagement!
- Richard "Dick" Orton: Six Pressure Points: Emerging People Challenges That Will Drive Your Firm's Growth...or Its Decline
- Terra Insurance Company Shareholders Meeting
- Network at two ice-breaker receptions: one Thursday night and one Friday night!
- Full registration includes drinks and meals Thursday evening, all day Friday, and Saturday breakfast and lunch
- Plus exceptionally memorable social events, tours, local color night (sponsored by Gannett Fleming, Inc.), and our ever-popular GBA Wine Tasting
GBA will award professional-development hours (PDHs).
Yahoo Group for Friends and Family
"Friends and Family of the Geoprofessional Business Association": The networking group for those who care about people involved in the Geoprofessional Business Association (GBA). Exchange news and information, plan informal gatherings during the conference, and more! To join, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffogba or send a message to email@example.com. Pass this information along to your friends and family and encourage them to join!
Don’t let this outstanding get-together pass you by!
Click here to reserve online or call 1-800-722-1543 or 949-234-3900. Mention GBA’s 2015 Fall Conference to receive the group rate of $285.00 per night plus 10.3% tax.
Deadline to Reserve at Group Rate: Friday, September 11, 2015
St. Regis Monarch Beach
1 Monarch Beach Resort
Dana Point, CA 92629
- Note: The hotel will charge a deposit of one night room/tax to the credit card provided at the time the reservation is made. The charge will apply toward the guest’s bill. The deposit is refundable up to 5 days prior to the arrival date.
- Early Departure Fee Policy: Hotel may charge an early departure fee should an individual check out prior to their confirmed checkout date. Please check with the Front Desk Attendant if you need to check-out early.
- Pre/Post Rooms: The hotel may extend the group rate up to 3 days prior and post the official conference dates (October 8-10, 2015) based on availability at time the reservation is made. Rates offered are at the discretion of the hotel. Secure your extended reservations early for best rate and availability.
For more information about the St. Regis Monarch Beach, visit http://www.stregismb.com/.
Download the Save the Date flyer.
For more information about Orange County, visit http://www.visittheoc.com/
- Closest airport is John Wayne International Airport (Orange County) - 25 miles/ 35 minutes away. Visit http://www.ocair.com for more information about airlines that service the John Wayne International Airport.
- Summit Car Service - Call Summit at (818) 953-5020 or complete the form and submit to Summit directly. They will contact you with a confirmation.
- The fare from the John Wayne Airport (Orange County) to the St. Regis Monarch Beach is $99.00 (includes meet/greet at baggage claim, all gratuities, and airport fees - up to 3 people comfortably in a sedan with luggage).
- The fare from the St. Regis Monarch Beach to the John Wayne Airport (Orange County) is $94.00 (includes curb-side drop-off and all gratuities - up to 3 people in a sedan with luggage)
- The fare for an SUV (5 passengers) from the John Wayne Airport (Orange County) is $198.00 (includes meet/greet at baggage claim, all gratuities, and airport fees - NOTE: All passengers must be arriving on same flight)
- The fare for an SUV (5 passengers) from the St. Regis Monarch Beach to the John Wayne Airport (Orange County) is $188.00 (includes curb-side drop-off and all gratuities)
- Taxicab fare between John Wayne International Airport and St. Regis Monarch Beach is $85 each way.
- Los Angeles International Airport is 60 miles / 1 hour 15 minutes away from the St. Regis Monarch Beach. Visit http://los-angeles-lax.worldairportguides.com/ for more information about airlines that services LAX.
A refund (less a $125/person administrative fee) will be given to those whose cancellations are received by 5:00PM ET, September 11, 2015. For cancellations after that, but by no later than 5:00PM ET, September 25, 2015, the fee is $250/person, for administration and for the food service and related guarantee charges GBA will have to absorb. We’re truly sorry, but absolutely no refunds can be given for cancellations received after 5:00PM ET, September 25, 2015.
Please note: We will charge you whatever GBA has to pay if you fail to cancel your hotel reservation in a timely manner and we are unable to assign the room to someone else. Be sure to notify us even if you have to cancel late, so we can at least try to eliminate any additional charges. Also note: Most hotels have instituted an early check-out policy; i.e., if you reserve to depart on the 10th, but leave a day early, you will be charged for the night you “missed,” unless you make arrangements with the hotel in advance.