October 13-15, 2016
Join us in Seattle, Washington for two amazing days of education, experience sharing, networking, and fun! The focus: Confronting Risk for Our Firms and Our Clients: A Tradition of Shared Experience. Register today!
We have a limited number of conference sponsorships available. Click here for more information.
2016 Fall Conference Meeting App – Coming soon!
- Session Topics and Speakers include:
- Coloring Outside the Lines!™…Creating A New Geoprofessional Experience: Jeff Tobe M.Ed., CSP. (Author – Coloring Outside the Lines™)
- A Closer Look at the Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Program: David Sowers (Washington State Department of Transportation)
- Affordable Care Act’s Impact: Past, Present, & Future: Elizabeth M. Spano, J.D., CEBS (IMA, Inc.)
- What You Can’t See May Hurt You: A Look at Geotechnical Risk and Reduction Techniques: Michael J. “Mike” Marasa, P.E. (Hayward Baker, Inc.)
- Buyer Beware: Lessons Learned from a Serial Acquirer: William C. “Bill” Siegel, P.E. (WS Group International)
- Business Round Table Discussions: Ten topics in two, practitioner-moderated, consecutive, 35-minute sessions
- What Great Firms Are Doing to Drive Loyalty: Terry Reynolds (Client Feedback Tool)
- You On Your Best Day: Michael T. Allosso (Michael T. Allosso)
- No Risk, No Innovation: Technology’s Role in a Changing Business Environment: Scot McQueen (GeoEngineers, Inc.)
- Working on Controversial Projects or with Controversial Clients: Is it a Go or a No-Go Decision?: Terence J. “Terry” Scanlan, Esq. (Skellenger Bender); Kenneth R. “Ken” Johnston (GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.); Stephen “Steve” F. Patt, P.E. (ECS Capitol Services, a subsidiary of ECS, Ltd); Matthew R. “Matt” Poirier, P.E. (Sanborn, Head & Associates)
- Turning Your Employees into Human Firewalls: Elevating Your Cybersecurity: Jason Stefanski (GeoEngineers, Inc.)
- Engineers Without Borders-USA and GBA - Time to Collaborate - Nepal Earthquake and Beyond: Dave Cook, LG, CPG (EWB-USA and GeoEngineers Inc.)
- Quantifying and Managing Your Risk with the Risk Register: Steven R. “Steve” Thompson, P.E. (8260 Consulting Group, LLC)
- Terra Insurance Company Shareholder Meeting and Luncheon.
- Network at two receptions: one Thursday night and one Friday night!
- Full registration includes Thursday evening reception with food and drinks, Friday breakfast, lunch and reception with food and drinks, Saturday breakfast and lunch.
- Plus exceptionally memorable social events, tours, and our ever-popular GBA Wine Tasting.
GBA will award professional-development hours (PDHs).
Secure your room reservation before Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
Call 206-774-1234 or 888-591-1234 and mention GBA’s 2016 Fall Conference to receive the group rate of $255 plus 15.6% tax (and $2 Seattle Tourism Assessment) per night or visit https://resweb.passkey.com/go/GBA2016FallConference
to secure your room reservation online.
NOTE: Add $15 for triple and $30 for quadruple occupancy per night.
- Early Departure Fee Policy: Hotel any charge an early departure fee should an individual checkout prior to their confirmed check-out date. That fee could be the room rate plus tax. Please contact the Front Desk Attendant ASAP if you need to check-out early.
- Pre/Post Room Nights: The GBA group rate may be available up to 2 days prior/post the official conference dates (October 13-15, 2016) based on availability at the time the reservation is made. Rates for pre/post dates are at the discretion of the hotel. PLEASE: Secure your extended reservation early for best rate and availability.
For more information about the Grand Hyatt Seattle, visit http://seattle.grand.hyatt.com/.
Download the Save the Date flyer.
Local Color Night Event for Saturday, October 15, 2016
Two options available. Participants may select one or both options. Please sign-up early as space is limited.
- Option 1 – 4:30PM to 7:15PM - Tour Seattle Space Needle and Chihuly Garden and Glass.
Limited Complimentary Tickets Available. This portion of the Local Color Night is sponsored by:
- Option 2 -7:30PM to 9:45PM - Dinner at Boat Street Kitchen and Bistro - Cost is $85 per person.
Spouse/Guest Activity - Friday, October 14, 2016 – Details Coming Soon!
General Information about Seattle, visit: http://www.visitseattle.org/
Icons of Seattle - http://www.downtownseattle.com/assets/2014/07/IconsofSeattle-FINAL.pdf
Arts and Entertainment - http://www.downtownseattle.com/assets/2014/07/Arts-Entertain-FINAL.pdf
Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is 20 miles/25 minutes from the Grand Hyatt Seattle Hotel. Visit https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/ for information about airlines, care rental, and ground transportation companies that service this airport. Approximate one-way fare between Sea-Tac Airport and the Grand Hyatt Seattle Hotel: Taxi $45.00 (25 minutes), Shuttle $20.00 (40 minutes) and Link Light Rail $3.35 (40 minutes).
A refund (less a $125/person administrative fee) will be given to those whose cancellations are received by 5:00PM ET, September 11, 2016. For cancellations after that, but by no later than 5:00PM ET, September 25, 2016, the fee is $250/person, for administration and for the food service and related guarantee charges GBA will have to absorb. We’re truly sorry, but absolutely no refunds can be given for cancellations received after 5:00PM ET, September 25, 2016.
Please note: We will charge you whatever GBA has to pay if you fail to cancel your hotel reservation in a timely manner and we are unable to assign the room to someone else. Be sure to notify us even if you have to cancel late, so we can at least try to eliminate any additional charges. Also note: Most hotels have instituted an early check-out policy; i.e., if you reserve to depart on the 16th, but leave a day early, you will be charged for the night you “missed,” unless you make arrangements with the hotel in advance.