Geoprofessionals add significant value to construction and environmental projects.
Geoprofessionals provide geotechnical, geologic, environmental, construction materials engineering and testing, and related professional services.
Those who deploy their geoprofessionals wisely derive the most value, principally in the form of:
• lower overall cost as a result of better scopes that limit unforeseeable expenses and better designs that limit foreseeable expenses,
• improved schedule compliance through avoidance of unanticipated delays,
• more effective risk management that lowers the possibility of failure, and
• sustainable solutions that minimize waste.
Clients demonstrate wise deployment when they:
1. engage geoprofessionals who are experienced and trusted,
2. give their geoprofessionals opportunities to contribute value, and
3. engage their geoprofessionals during the project’s planning stage and have them serve as project-team members through project delivery.
Underground risks are the most substantial project risks. Selecting geoprofessionals based on experience and qualifications then engaging them from project inception through completion will help manage project related risk related to the underground environment.