Most GBA members are consulting firms in the geoprofessions who are dedicated to excellence in their professional practice. Geoprofessional firms provide geotechnical, geologic, environmental, construction materials engineering and testing, and related professional services. Consulting firms who join GBA will derive an outstanding ROI by applying the resources, knowledge, relationships, and education GBA has created to help its members and their clients confront risk and optimize performance.
GBA means business. Everything that GBA does is designed to promote members’ success in all areas of business:
Employee Recruitment and Retention
- GBA helps Member Firms recruit and retain the best and brightest by providing the professional-development programs, services, and materials geoprofessionals crave.
- GBA focuses on the future and puts particular emphasis on encouraging and grooming young leaders, and providing the resources and support they need to succeed.
Staff Professional Development
- GBA members have free access to resources they can easily apply to help their staff improve job performance, produce better results, and deal confidently and effectively with the risks inherent in every project.
- No other organization comes close to GBA when it comes to the tools, techniques, and opportunities geoprofessionals need to build their professional and business skills.
- GBA heightens business expertise and instills confidence, enabling Member Firms to engage in more challenging projects and earn trusted-partner status with key clientele.
- GBA resources help firms compete more effectively and attract quality-conscious clients.
- GBA members frequently get referrals from fellow members whose clients have projects in areas where they are not active and just as often enter into partnerships for projects that require services or expertise that neither can provide on its own.
Consulting Firm Performance
- GBA helps members achieve a more meaningful and satisfying role in project planning, execution, and delivery.
- GBA protects members by providing resources they can apply to confront a wide array of risks and make decisions about the next steps.
- GBA fosters valuable business and professional relationships by bringing together members with common and complementary interests.
- GBA offers an environment of trust and mutual support, where members can connect with one another and share their experience, advice, support, and opinions about best practices.
Monitoring the Industry
- GBA is always on the lookout for developments that create opportunities or threats for its members.
- GBA speaks with a powerful voice to safeguard and advance the interests of geoprofessionals.
Join us. Get involved. Succeed.