GBA member benefits help you and your firm grow and prosper.
Publications and Materials:
Among the most popular GBA member benefits, GBA’s unique and exclusive educational resources and business tools help you run your business better and deal effectively with your business and professional-liability risks. GBA gives members almost all its resources free of charge so your entire staff benefits.
- Proposal and report insert sheets for use as-is, explaining discipline-specific limitations in addition to why it’s smart to deal with a GBA Member Firm
- “Message” brochures that explain key issues to client personnel
- Self-contained multimedia instruction for project managers and field personnel
- Training curricula that combine various GBA resources on related topics into pre-packaged programs for staff professional development
- Model contracts, memos, and letters
- Reference works, including a widely-used contract guide; others on limitation of liability, alternative dispute resolution, and third-party reliance; and more
- Best Practices monographs, each focused on an important business issue
- Case Histories relating to project management as well as business management so you can learn from others’ mistakes
GBA’s newsletter NewsLog, issued every two weeks, provides insight into opportunities and threats so your business can adapt and be more responsive, including the latest information on effective practices, legal rulings, educational events, contract clauses, employee recruitment and retention, and GBA itself.
GBA holds two conferences each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Each conference offers many educational and networking sessions, industry insights, and fun activities for friends and family, plus the opportunity to earn professional development hours (PDHs).
GBA’s Peer Review program provides valuable feedback on your existing business practices so you can improve.
GBA offers an environment of trust and mutual support, where members can connect with one another and share their experience, advice, support, and opinions about best practices. Often, relationships created via GBA reveal mutualities that lead to new and greater business opportunities
GBA committee and council service fosters valuable relationships and leadership skills. GBA puts particular emphasis on encouraging and grooming young leaders, and providing the resources and support they need to succeed.
GBA members frequently get referrals from fellow members whose clients have projects in areas where they are not active and just as often enter into partnerships for projects that require services or expertise that neither can provide on its own. Also, GBA’s Member Firm Directory gives you valuable exposure in the marketplace.
Regulatory and Associated Representation:
GBA speaks with a powerful voice to safeguard and advance the interests of geoprofessionals, responding quickly and forcefully to concepts and events that threaten geoprofessionals’ prestige or success.
A Network for Your Lawyer:
Attorneys can help their client firms through involvement with the GBA Advocates Assembly, a network of attorneys any member can access for assistance. Retained counsel are eligible for free membership in the Advocates Assembly, particularly as a service to the many member firms who cannot afford an attorney on staff.
Professional Liability Insurance:
Only GBA Member Firms are eligible for professional liability insurance coverage from Terra Insurance Company, the highest-rate risk-retention group in the United States. Membership in GBA does not guarantee that coverage will be offered.